Friday, August 29, 2008

Apartment pix

Hello again,

I'm feeling very prolific of late as well as computer savvy so I thought I'd post pictures of my apartment and Almaty. Here goes!

My apartment is a three-room sixth-floor very sunny place with a great 180 view of the city. It's much cheerier than other places I've seen, although as you will see, the exterior does not bode well. Most apartments that live up to western standards have been renovated, and mine is no exception. The hallways have lights, which is not true of all buildings.

This is a picture of my living room that faces north.

My office has only a couch and desk, lots off room for books and things that I don't need to buy but probably will.

My kitchen faces east toward the moutains and is a delight in the morning - very sunny and breezy. Unfortunately, there is a very strange digging project going on outside my window whose mission I cannot identify. I hear banging and shouting at all hours of the day and night, even on weekends, with lights making it seem almost like day time. My landlord just said, "They're digging." But it keeps my imagination active as to its purpose. We writers need such stimuli.
Here are some pictures of my apartment building. The first is the front, the second is the back where I enter.Notice the black kitty who lets me pet her when I come home. I left out some tuna juice for her today.

No comments: